It took a few days for me to write out the initial content for www.photographybyjet.com.
I needed to write out the home page, feedback, and the 1st article. After having read Yaro’s article at www.entrepreneurs-journey.com, perhaps maybe I should have writen several articles first before publishing. My hope was to get something up so the search engines could start to find it. He has a lot of great information on building niche sites and blogs. I have found it really helpful.
After writing all the content out I began to enter it into FrontPage like I said in another post. It was at this time I read something about avoiding dynamic page content to help search engines. In particular hover links. I had already included much of this stuff in FrontPage. I decided to remove the dynamic links and thought it would work.
Uploading the content did not go smoothly
I had several problems with uploading in FrontPage. I deleted everything and tried 2 or 3 times. I ended up filling out a help ticket at Lunar Pages. They were fairly quick with responses (even though I did not mark it urgent). I decided by this time that FrontPage and it’s extensions were going to be too much of a pain and decided to drop it altogether and FTP the site.
Well, at least it was up
It did not look too bad. Many of the links (if not all) had broken images where the hover effect was supposed to be. So much for deacivating the dynamic links in FrontPage. Anyway, it was up.
I decided to redo the site with Dreamweaver
This has been where I have been for the past week.
Also, Lunar Pages had some problems yesterday which added a little time to updating the site (and this one).
Next, my experience using Dreamweaver